Touchstone The Onyx Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace
With its lifelike flames and stunning black frame, The Onyx® Electric Fireplace is the perfect addition to the functionality and style of your home. This 50" wide electric fireplace can be mounted on the wall of your bedroom, family room, or anywhere in your home to offer the aesthetic appeal of a finely crafted fireplace without the troubles or hazards of an actual fire. While The Onyx® can be used without the heating feature for simple mood or stylistic purposes, it also offers 2 levels of heating (high and low) to help heat any room up to 400 square feet. Additionally, The Onyx® Electric Fireplace requires a simple installation with easy step by step instructions.
The Onyx® now ships with both a log and crystal hearth option. When you receive the Onyx, just choose if you want the realism of a log flameset or the modern look of a crystal flameset. To view the realistic flames of this unit check out the video link on this page. The Onyx® flames sit behind one tempered piece of glass and offer the illusion of a real fireplace without the hassle. The Onyx® heating options make this electric fireplace a versatile addition to your home. Enjoy The Onyx® all year long with dual heat and flame controls. In addition to its versatile heating settings, The Onyx® also offers 5 flame brightness settings giving you the ability to adjust the flames to your desired glow. The brightness options, which can be manipulated by the unit's remote to range from a dull ember glow to a full blaze. The Onyx® flames are so realistic, your electric fireplace will be mistaken for a real gas fireplace.
Yes, it does heat your room
Offering both a high and low heat setting, which quickly add heat to a room up to 400 sq. ft. Please note the heater isn't designed to be the primary heat source in your room or home. It is designed to warm up a cool evening, or bring the temperature of a room up a few degrees. You will find that the heat and style of your electric fireplace combined with your home's primary heating will offer just the right amount of warmth and ambiance for a cozy atmosphere. You can control your electric fireplaces heat setting by using the units remote control or by simple using the control options on the side of the fireplace. The Onyx® also gives you the option of using the built in timer to control the heat settings so that you have the ability to time the fireplaces heat duration for up to 7.5 hours.
Mounting and Use
Mounting your Onyx® fireplace to your wall is simple and it usually only takes one person to get the job done. Installation instructions are included with the unit and are clear and easy to understand. The Onyx® easily mountable bracket is included and once it has been mounted to your wall, all you need to do is hang and secure your fireplace with the included screws. The optimal placement of your Onyx® Electric Fireplace is high enough on your wall to conceal the mounting hardware but at least 24 inches below your ceiling. Most customers opt to mount their Onyx® on the wall below their wall-mounted flatscreen television, however, we recommend you mount your electric fireplace at least 24 "below your TV because of its heating feature.
Tempered Front Glass Panel
The front glass panel on the wall-mount series electric fireplace is 4mm thick and made of tempered glass for durability and safety. The glass panel is designed to crumble in small chunks, if broken, to minimize injury instead of larger jagged shards that could injure the user.
- Designed with front heating vent so that the unit can be flush mounted into wall
- Includes log set and crystal set
- Slim frame that features a large fireplace viewing area with life-like LED flames that are unrivaled by competitors
- Heats up to 400 square feet (5,000 BTUs)
- Can be plugged in or hardwired 120V
- Orange, Blue and orange/blue combination for the LED flame
- 2 heat settings (high and low)
- Wall mounting brackets included
- Remote control for heat and flame setting (batteries not included)
- Dual mode, operates on low and high heat
- Heat disable switch allows for recessing into wall
- Built in timer mode for shut off in 30 minutes to 7.5 hours.
- If mounting under a wall mounted flat panel TV, mount fireplace at least 24" below the bottom of the TV.
- Frame color: Black
- Fireplace dimensions: 50.4" W x 21.65" H x 5.5" D
- Firebox dimensions (for recessing unit): 38.75" W x 18.75" H x 5" D
- Shipping carton dimensions: 55 in. x 9 in. x 27 in
- Part number: 80001
- Watts: 1,500
- BTU's: 5,000
- Room Coverage: 400 sq ft.
- Fireplace Weight: 41.2 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 55 pounds
- Voltage: 120v
- Amperes: 11 and up
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.